RADIUM CRANKCASE CATCH CAN KIT - HONDA S2000 AP1/AP2 99-09
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance. Radium Engineering catch cans feature large 10AN ORB ports, a 4AN ORB drain port, 2-step oil separation baffling, and an O-ring sealed dipstick.
Radium Engineering offers two independent S2000 oil catch can kits that are sold individually or together. They do NOT vent to atmosphere (VTA), thus are emissions and track legal. Closed loop systems route clean filtered air back in through the engine to be burned and to promote negative crankcase pressure for optimal performance. Furthermore, closed systems prevent unwanted oil vapors from entering into the cabin.
The 20-0097 Crankcase Catch Can Kit runs inline with the 1/2" valve cover breather port. At low loads it experiences atmospheric pressure, but when the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience vacuum and would normally be drawing unwanted crankcase vapors, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the air filter intake pipe. If the engine is turbocharged or supercharged and you are finding oil accumulation stuck in the intercooler, this catch can is a necessity as oil will lower the thermal efficiency properties of the heat exchange process.
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake or intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces
- Height (without fittings): 5 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.45 inches
20-0097 Crankcase Kit Includes:
- Radium billet oil catch can with integrated condenser and dipstick
- Radium S2000-specific laser cut powder coated mounting bracket
- Anodized aluminum 8AN hose ends and adapter fittings
- Enough 1/2" PCV rubber hose to mate to custom applications
- Vacuum and heater hose to eliminate OEM metal hard tube loom
- Stainless steel mounting hardware
- 1999-2004 Honda S2000 AP1
- 2005-2009 Honda S2000 AP2