At Jdmyard Pty Ltd we do things a little differently. For starters, we take a great deal of care when we handle your personal information and we do so in line with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) that can be found at the OAIC website (www.oaic.gov.au).
At Jdmyard Pty Ltd we accept payments via the following third parties:
All payment information that is entered on our website is sent to these third parties securely and with industry standard encryption. No payment information is retained on our systems and is all managed by these third parties. Please see their websites above for more information on how they handle your personal and payment information.
What does Personal Information mean?
How is my Personal Information Collected?
The main way we collect personal information is through you directly or through your authorised representative. That is, when you visit us at www.jdmyard.com.au and submit your personal information or request your personal information to be used (i.e. by subscribing to an email newsletter).
We sometimes collect personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose such as the investigation of a privacy complaint.
Your personal information may be collected through the following services that are used on our website:
- User contact forms
- Cookies & Analytics
- Mailing list
- Maps/Video and other embedded content
- Social Network widgets and buttons (Pinterest, Twitter etc)
- When you sign up with us and create a login with us
- Direct Marketing
- Credit card payments including PayPal
- Contacting Support
- Cross-border Disclosure of Personal Information
- Third party polling and survey plugins (Survey Monkey etc)
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our functions or activities under the Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act), and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes.
How do you use my Personal Information?
We only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities that on the whole create a better user experience for you at www.jdmyard.com.au.
We do not give personal information about an individual to any government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- you would reasonably expect, or have told us, that information of this kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health, or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Is my Personal Information Stored Securely?
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Can I Access or Change the Personal Information I give you?
Jdmyard Pty Ltd is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. We care about our users and do everything we can to adhere to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles as per the OAIC guidelines.
How to Contact Us
For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can write to us at jdmyard Pty Ltd, 25/317-321 Woodpark Rd Smithfield NSW 2164.