PRL 2016+ CIVIC 1.5T RS INTERCOOLER + CHARGE PIPE UPGRADE CONBO
- FITS ALL 2016+ 1.5T HONDA CIVIC MODELS INCLUDING SI, NON-SI, 6MT, CVT, RHD, INTERNATIONAL MODELS, ETC
- REMOVAL OF LOWER FACTORY INTAKE AIR BOX DAMPER IS RECOMMENDED FOR OPTIMAL FITMENT
Please Read Before Ordering:
- DOES NOT REQUIRE TUNE
It’s no secret that Honda’s 1.5L turbo Civic is extremely susceptible to heat-soak, especially when retaining the factory intercooler. Excessive heat-soak increases the risk of detonation and causes major power-loss due to high charge air and cylinder temperatures. These issues become even more prevalent with spirited driving and/or increased power outputs.
The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 550+ horsepower rated (though we have pushed 600+) 25.6x4x6.3” bar-and-plate bar-and-plate core and machined billet aluminum end tanks!
- Heat-soak reduction: Silicone hose offers extremely low thermal heat transfer properties, especially in comparison to steel or aluminum.
- Strength and rigidity: The rubber hoses used from the factory are known to experience expansion, which worsens as boost is increased. In time, the rubber construct weakens, causing increased likeliness of a boost leak. Also, we have managed to melt the factory rubber hose a handful of times during our track adventures on our shop car. Our high-temp, 4-ply silicone with handle the high temperatures of the turbocharger much better than the factory rubber hose(s).
- Smooth airflow: Custom molded silicone allows us to offer much higher flowing bends than we could with metal tubing.
- Optimal fitment: We have found that the factory rubbers hoses don't offer the most desirable fitment, especially when paired with an aftermarket radiator. Our silicone hose(s) offer even better fitment than factory.
Kits will come with all hardware needed for a seamless install.
Intercooler Core Information:
- (1) Intercooler Assembly w/ Billet End Tanks
- (2) Air Guides w/ Stainless Hardware
- (2) Billet Aluminum Factory Charge Pipe Adapters
- (1) Cardboard Stencil w/ “PRL” Logo
- (1) Hot Side Charge Pipe
- (1) Cold Side Charge Pipe w/ Methanol Injection Bung & Machined Billet Aluminum Flange
- (1) -4AN O-Ring to 1/4" Hose Barb (Pre-Installed in Cold Side Charge Pipe)
- (1) 1/8” NPT Pipe Plug (Pre-Installed in Methanol Injection Bung)
- (1) Mounting Bracket for Cold Side Charge Pipe
- (4) 4-Ply Silicone Coupler
- (8) 304 Stainless Steel Worm Clamp
- (2) Charge Pipe Adapters
- 9 horsepower & 3 ft/lb torque gains by simply bolting on
- 50+ F degree drop in post charge air temperature at peak
- Average of 36 F degree drop in post charge air temperature
- Increased efficiency & consistency in power delivery
- Increased engine safety
Intercooler Stencil Instructions:
-Clean and make sure your intercooler is dry.
-Place the cardboard stencil onto the front of the intercooler (Make sure the intercooler is not upside down, the PRL logo is on the driver's side end tank).
-It is recommended to tape down the stencil to have a sharp logo and to avoid moving.
-Mask off or cover the end tanks to avoid overspray.
-Apply a high temp engine enamel style spray paint (we recommend Duplicolor DE1635 Ford SemiGloss Black, any color can be used).
-Multiple coats may be needed to have full coverage, this varies per color.
-Allow to dry 30-60 minutes before installing the intercooler.
-If any mistakes are made such as runs/overspray acetone or paint thinner can be used to remove any unwanted paint or to remove the stencil entirely, though this will take some time.
-Keep the stencil handy and in a safe spot without bending if you would like to refresh your intercooler after years of road debris blasting it! (Stop blowing holes in my ship!)