SKUNK2 MAP SENSOR - 3 BAR K20A/ K24A
Skunk2 is proud to offer our very own 3 BAR MAP Sensor for the 2002-2011 Civic Si, 2002-2006 DC5, 2004-2008 TSX, 2003-2007 Accord, 2003-2011 Element, and 2002-2006 CRV for all your boosted K24A1/ K24A2/ K24A4/ and K24A8 engine needs!
- 2004 - 2014 Acura TSX (Base, Premium, Special Edition, Tech)
- 2006 - 2011 Acura CSX (Base, iTech)
- 2013 - 2017 Acura ILX (Base)
- 2002 - 2006 Acura DC5 (Base, Type-S)
- 2015 - 2017 Acura TLX (Base)
- 2003 - 2017 Honda Accord (EX, EX-L, LX, LX-S, SE, Sport, Sport Special Edition)
- 2002 - 2017 Honda Civic (EX, LX)
- 2003 - 2011 Honda Element (EX, LX)
- 2002 - 2016 Honda CR-V (EX, EX-L, LX, SE, Touring)
- 2012 - 2015 Honda Crosstour (EX, EX-L)
A 1 BAR MAP sensor reports barometric pressure times one, which is approximately 14.7 psi or 30in/Hg (inches of mercury). 2 BAR or 3 BAR simply mean two or three times above barometric pressure. The sensor will measure each direction, vacuum or pressure.
- 1 BAR is for a normally aspirated engine
- 2 BAR will handle a forced induction up to 14.5 psi of boost
- 3 BAR will handle a forced induction up to 29.0 psi of boost
A vehicle's computer is calibrated to function at a specific level as programmed by the design engineer. A 2 or 3 BAR MAP sensor placed in a system designed for a 1 BAR sensor will not function correctly; in fact the system will run very rich because of the low return voltage signal. A computer that is programmable is a must for any tuner attempting to boost their engine's output with the addition of a turbocharger and a 2 or 3 BAR MAP sensor.
NOTE: Compatible with BRZ/ FRS/ FT86 and possibly many others