SKUNK2 MAP SENSOR - 4 BAR B/ D/ F/ H
Skunk2 is proud to offer our very own 4 BAR MAP Sensor for the B16/ B17/ B18/ B20/ D15/ D16/ H22/ H23/ F20/ F22/ and F23 engine needs!
- 1988 - 2001 Honda Prelude (Base, Type SH)
- 1988 - 1991 Honda CRX (Base, HF, Si)
- 2000 - 2005 Honda S2000 (Base)
- 1987 - 2005 Honda Civic (DX, EX, EX Special Edition, GX, HX, LX, LX Special Edition, Reverb, Si, Value Package)
- 1986 - 1986 Honda Accord (DX, LX, LXi)
- 1987 - 1987 Honda Wagovan (DX)
- 1997 - 2001 Honda CR-V (EX, LX, SE)
- 1993 - 1997 Honda Civic del Sol (S, Si, VTEC)
- 1997 - 2005 Acura EL (Base)
- 1986 - 2001 Acura Integra (GS, GS-R, LS, Type R)
Skunk2 is proud to partner with leading manufacturers DeatschWerks and Hondata to offer the finest fuel system components and Honda engine management systems available. DeatschWerks and Hondata components are the perfect complement to Skunk2 products and are now conveniently available directly from Skunk2.com.
A 1 BAR MAP sensor reports barometric pressure times one, which is approximately 14.7 psi or 30in/Hg (inches of mercury). 2 BAR or 3 BAR simply mean two or three times above barometric pressure. The sensor will measure each direction, vacuum or pressure.
1 BAR is for a normally aspirated engine
2 BAR will handle a forced induction up to 14.5 psi of boost
3 BAR will handle a forced induction up to 29.0 psi of boost
4 BAR will handle a forced induction up to 43.5 psi of boost
A vehicle's computer is calibrated to function at a specific level as programmed by the design engineer. A 2, 3, or 4 BAR MAP sensor placed in a system designed for a 1 BAR sensor will not function correctly; in fact the system will run very rich because of the low return voltage signal. A computer that is programmable is a must for any tuner attempting to boost their engine's output with the addition of a turbocharger and a 2, 3, or 4 BAR MAP sensor.
NOTE: Does NOT fit the F22C Engine but may fit other engines.