SUPERTECH HONDA K20/K24 VTEC BLACK NITRIDED INTAKE VALVE - FLAT +1MM
Supertech HIVN-1022F - Supertech Performance Valves - Honda K20/K24 Intake Valve 36x5.48x108.85mm/ SS/
Supertech valves are the best on the market, made from one piece of forged stainless steel for the ultimate in strength and durability. Supertech valves go through a special heat treatment process that obtains the right amount of harness for each engine to ensure the ultimate valve for your performance motor. Supertech offers their valves in either chrome coating, used in high performance valves, or hardened black nitrided which is most popular in European and Japanese motors.
Supertech High Performance Race Engine Valves features:
- The microhardness is higher than the stainless steel base material, keeping good ductility beneath the hard nitrided layer (microhardness is 800HV minimum)
- Surface finish is smoother than with chromed stems, having less friction between stem and guide.
- Valve seat surface is harder with the nitrided layer, lasting longer with lead free fuels, alcohols, nitro or other "explosive" mixes. Matches any kind of seats (nodular iron seats, steel powder metal seats, hard aluminum-copper seats or beryllium copper seats).
- Higher rpm's engines take full advantage of all previous features. The higher the engine speed the bigger the power loss due to internal engine friction! The black nitride layer reduces this power loss due to less valve-guide friction.
- The nitrided layer is adhered to the base material at a microscopic level, so does not"flake" or brake when the valves bend due to impacts with the pistons.
- The Black Nitride applies to the whole valve while the chrome coating is only applied to the st